Panasonic supports schools in three provinces with educational tools and books
Panasonic Vietnam gifts tools for online learning and “Sustainable book-shelves” for 15 schools in Dong Anh, Hung Yen and Binh Duong on the occasion of its 50th year of official presence in Vietnam
In its CSR activities, Panasonic always puts high focus on education and environment which are key factors for wellness and sustainable development. According to Mr. Marukawa Yoichi, General Director of Panasonic Vietnam, the main purpose of this donation program is to show sincere appreciation of Panasonic to local provinces where Panasonic has its manufacturing bases. He shared: “Panasonic, since its establishment over 100 years ago, always thinks Human resources is our core competence as well as highest assets. And that’s why we continuously invested in HR development. However, we understand that students, who are the future assets for Vietnam sustainable development, got serious impact under Covid-19 pandemic, especially in 2021. Despite our challenges in terms of business operation, upon judging this serious impact, Panasonic decided to help those students to accelerate online learning under various regulations to keep on learning and also to support teachers to educate the importance of environmental protection.” He emphasized that the Japanese brand shall continue its ever firm commitment and strong passion to contribute to the WELLNESS Life and Society in Vietnam through its business and CSR activities in the next 50 years.
Giving speech at the ceremony, Ms. Nguyen Thi Tam, Vice Chairman of Dong Anh People’s Committee said: “In current pandemic situation, the donation of Panasonic will help us to better equip students in online learning, and have better IT conditions for STEM, STEAM… programs following the guidance of Ministry of Education and Training. In addition, the donated books will support students in learning about the Environment, Science... to contribute more to the sustainable development of Dong Anh district and of Vietnam.”
Learning tools and books gifted by Panasonic
In 2021, to celebrate its 50-year anniversary in Vietnam, Panasonic has conducted different CSR activities in health, education and environment fields. Some highlights as:
- Donated and installed 261 air conditioners with nanoe™ X technology for 3 major hospitals in Hanoi in the project of “Improving Hospital Air Quality In The Hospital”.
- Collaborated with Grab by providing nanoe™ X air quality solutions on 150 GrabCar Medical vehicles to provide free rides for medical staff and patients in Covid-19 prevention
- Planted 110,000 forest trees to Son Duong district, Tuyen Quang province in the annual tree planting program "Panasonic for a green Vietnam".
- Granted 15 scholarships to excellent students studying full time at all universities across the country.
Panasonic Corporation is a global leader developing innovative technologies and solutions for wide-ranging applications in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B sectors. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, operates 522 subsidiaries and 69 associated companies worldwide and reported consolidated net sales of 6,698.8 billion yen for the year ended March 31, 2021. Committed to pursuing new value through collaborative innovation, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for customers.
Panasonic Vietnam (PV) is the first 100 percent foreign invested company to assume the role of the country headquarter in Vietnam. The Group currently employs a total workforce approximately 7,000 people. PV is one among those enterprises that place great emphasis on social activities surrounding education and environment.
- Gia Uyen: Studying Abroad Is A Dream Come True
- 35% of Employees Cite Poor Connectivity and Network Issues As Ongoing Hindrances When Working from Home
- SHAREit expands its B2B footprint into Vietnam, partners with Tyroo to help domestic apps grow business globally
- Four areas of cooperation to catalyze agrifood systems transformation
- Nestlé launches NESCAFÉ Plan 2030 with total investment of more than CHF 1 billion
Nestlé launches NESCAFÉ Plan 2030 worth more than CHF1 billion
Nestlé launches NESCAFÉ Plan 2030 with total investment of more than CHF 1 billion
Vietnam's branded residences gain international buyers
FedNow CBDC Substitute Will Debut In The Coming Summer time
Petrol prices down to lowest levels in a year