MEDIA ADVISORY: Ontario Students Host Press Conference to
Toronto, ON, Feb. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For immediate release
College and university students gather annually for the Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario Lobby Week, where they meet with MPPs to share students' priorities. The Federation will host a press conference to officially announce the Demand Our Future Ontario Lobby Week and the students' recommendations for the 2023 Lobby Week.
WHAT: Press conference announcing the Demand Our Future CFS Ontario Lobby Week
WHEN: Thursday, February 23, 10:00 am.
WHERE: Queen’s Park Media Room- Toronto, ON
WHO: Mitra Yakubi, CFSO chairperson
Ontario’s students are demanding their future. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, record levels of inflation, and a surging cost of living have had a severe impact on student well-being and the ability to attain a Post-Secondary Education. These issues have also exacerbated pre-existing issues within the Post-Secondary Education sector in Ontario– this is why students are demanding change in 2023.
Students are demanding accessible transit and OHIP for all. Students demand support for sexual violence centres, increased financial assistance, and fairness for International students. Ultimately, students are demanding free, publicly-funded and high-quality education for all.
The Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario is the oldest and largest student organization in Ontario, representing over 350,000 college and university students in every region of the province.
For further information on the campaign or to set up an interview, contact:
Romina Avila, Campaigns and Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 289-259-7014 or
Michael Butler, Government Relations and Policy Coordinator, at email@example.com or
Mitra Yakubi, CFSO Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rare Surviving Artworks Showcased in "The Brilliance of Song Dynasty in Modern Times" Art Exhibition at China Academy of Art
- Acepodia to Present Preclinical Data of Gamma Delta T cell Therapy Candidate, ACE2016, an off-the-shelf EGFR-targeting γδ2 T cell therapy against EGFR-expressing solid tumors
- Hanoi receives almost 5.9 million visitors in January-March
- HaemaLogiX to present final data from anti-KMA CAR-T preclinical studies at AACR
- VN-Index extends its long winning streak