Vietjet Air plane skids off the runway at Tan Son Nhat Airport
The plane flew in from Phu Quoc Island off the southern coast and touched down at Tan Son Nhat at 12:24 p.m. when it was raining heavily.
It skidded off the runway and into the grass field on the side.
Functional forces at the airport are dealing with the aftermath.
Vietjet has confirmed the incident, announcing that all passengers are safe and have been brought out of the plane.
There are no damages for the plane or the runway, it said.
The carrier blamed the heavy rains and strong winds for the accident. Several flights to the city in the afternoon had to circle and could not land.
With Storm Nuri forming over the East Sea early on Saturday, heavy rains and strong winds have lashed many places in southern Vietnam, including HCMC, since the afternoon of Saturday, according to the Southern Region Hydrology Meteorology Forecast Station.
Falling tree branches due to heavy rains killed one man and injured at least another in the city on Saturday.
The storm is heading northward toward the southern coast of China.
By Huu Cong @ VNExpress
- How giants global Amazon and Alibaba boost their business in Vietnam
- AXA AFFIN offers COVID-19 Complimentary Support Fund to assist its customers and to spur vaccination
- Bac Giang 87 new cases, HCMC 45 as Covid-19 pandemic rages on
- Librestream Brings its Onsight Augmented Reality Solution to Japan and Establishes Localized Sales and Support Operations
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 1.77 million of its 96-million population
How giants global Amazon and Alibaba boost their business in Vietnam
How Ho Chi Minh City support small traders during the Covid-19 pandemic
Many enterprise in the leather and footwear have a impressive growth during this time
Boosting domestic investment to bolster economic growth: experts
How to Acquire a Company in Vietnam as Foreigner