You can enjoy seven-day Lunar New Year break in Vietnam
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved the 2021 Lunar New Year holiday to run from February 10 (Wednesday) to February 16 (Tuesday).
He has also approved a four-day break for next year’s National Day, from September 2 (Thursday) to September 5 (Sunday).
Tet is the biggest and most important festival in Vietnam. Millions of migrant workers in major cities return to their homes in the countryside before the Lunar New Year’s Eve. It is also celebrated by several Asian communities around the world.
Vietnam also had a seven-day break for the last Tet that was celebrated in January.
The next lunar year, the Year of the Buffalo, starts February 12, 2021, according to the VNExpress.
- Doctor brings medical advancements to disadvantaged province
- HCMC’s budget collection at VND2.9 trillion per day
- From saving hunger to world’s best rice title
- Informal ASEAN Ministerial Meeting: Vietnam, ASEAN cooperate to drive back pandemic
- Prime Minister orders start of Covid-19 vaccinations this week