LG Electronics reaffirms plan to build its new R&D center in Vietnam
LG recently signed an agreement with Vietnamese real estate developer Trung Nam Land Joint Stock Co. to set up the center at the Da Nang Information Technology Park Tower in Danang, central Vietnam, according to the sources.
Forming a foreign invested company in Vietnam
The deal follows the company’s memorandum of understanding with Danang’s Investment Promotion Agency last month on its R&D center establishment in the city.
LG reportedly plans to set up another R&D center dedicated to its vehicle component solutions business in Danang, but the sources said its research field could expand with more of its subsidiaries participating.
South Korea’s No. 2 electronics company already runs a R&D center focused on its vehicle component solutions business in Hanoi.
LG has been trying to foster Vietnam as its major global production base.
In 2014 LG set up a plant in Haiphong, northern Vietnam, producing home appliances, smartphones and in-vehicle infotainment components. (Yonhap)
- 4 super nice cafes to live slowly when Hanoi’s winter comes: Cozy, peaceful space, very suitable for watching the city on cold days
- HCMC wants to restore historic Ba Son Shipyard
- The ‘fairy scene’ at the foot of Mua Roi (Rainfall) waterfall captivates visitors when coming to Thai Nguyen
- Ialy Hydropower supplies 100 billion kWh of power to national grid
- JelloX Biotech Leads Research in 3D Cancer Pathology as NCI Explores Potential
HCMC wants to restore historic Ba Son Shipyard
Ialy Hydropower supplies 100 billion kWh of power to national grid
Conference discusses investment opportunities between VN, Canada
Vietnam to deploy action plan to remove fishing yellow card
Ministry proposes canceling funding plans over disbursement delays