LG Electronics reaffirms plan to build its new R&D center in Vietnam
LG recently signed an agreement with Vietnamese real estate developer Trung Nam Land Joint Stock Co. to set up the center at the Da Nang Information Technology Park Tower in Danang, central Vietnam, according to the sources.
Forming a foreign invested company in Vietnam
The deal follows the company’s memorandum of understanding with Danang’s Investment Promotion Agency last month on its R&D center establishment in the city.
LG reportedly plans to set up another R&D center dedicated to its vehicle component solutions business in Danang, but the sources said its research field could expand with more of its subsidiaries participating.
South Korea’s No. 2 electronics company already runs a R&D center focused on its vehicle component solutions business in Hanoi.
LG has been trying to foster Vietnam as its major global production base.
In 2014 LG set up a plant in Haiphong, northern Vietnam, producing home appliances, smartphones and in-vehicle infotainment components. (Yonhap)
- Party Chief Nguyen Phu Trong Calls For Concerted Efforts To Combat COVID 19
- Vietnam News Today July 30 Ho Chi Minh City to Vaccinate People After 6 p m
- COVID-19: 4,773 cases added to national tally on late July 29
- Newly-appointed Foreign Minister receives congratulations from China
- Vietnam reports 4,773 new Covid-19 cases