The U.S assists Vietnam in easing the damage caused by the floods
The US Department of State said in its press release on October 22 that the US Government stands ready to assist Vietnam in easing the damage caused by the floods, and expressed its deepest sympathies to all affected by this tragedy, including the many thousands who were displaced.
Earlier, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) affirmed immediate assistance worth US$200000 to support efforts to respond to severe flooding in Vietnam and Cambodia.
USAID is working with the Vietnam Red Cross Society to provide emergency assistance to people affected by the flooding.
In addition, it provides long-term funding for programs that reduce the risk and impact of disasters throughout Southeast Asia. Through these investments, USAID’s partners have remained on the front lines in responding to the impact of severe weather in Vietnam and Cambodia during this year’s active typhoon season, according to the
Inside Out .
- True stories of Overseas Filipinos shine in global spotlight, in time for PH Independence Day
- HCMC real estate market shows signs of improvement: experts
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair 2023 promotes over 1,000 OCOP products
- Government urges nationwide power savings
- NaaS Technology Inc. Announces Director Change