Inter Korea relation South Korea convened emergency meeting after threats from Kim s sister
|Inter- Korea relation: On June 30, 2019, file photo, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, left, and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, right, at the border village of Panmunjom in the Demilitarized Zone, South Korea. North Korea on Saturday, June 13, 2020 again bashed South Korea, telling its rival to stop “nonsensical” talk about its denuclearization and vowing to expand its military capabilities|
The emergency video conference was hosted by South Korea’s national security director, Chung Eui- and ministers in charge of security and military generals to assess the latest situation on the Korean Peninsula as well as Seoul’s responses to Pyongyang's tough talks. The meeting’s result has not been announced, reported the NYPost.
Previously, the South Korean Ministry of Unification called for North Korea “to abide by all agreements that they have reached”. Meanwhile, the South Korean military forces said that they have had a thorough preparation to respond to any circumstances on the Korean Peninsula. “We always carefully observe the movements of the North Korean military”, said the Ministry of National Defense of South Korean.
|The powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (Photo: The Daily Mail)|
Kim Yo Jong, the powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un issued a threat by saying that Seoul would soon witness the collapse of a “useless” inter -Korean liaison office in North Korea. She also said she would leave it to North Korea's military to implement the next steps to retaliate against South Korea, revealed the Daily Mail. ” I instructed the Army General Staff Department to decisively carry out next actions against the enemy”, she added.
According to VNExpress, Kim Yo Jong last week condemned the South as its inability to stop activists from dropping anti-Pyongyang leaflets across the border. The leafleting has triggered a furious response from North Korea and North Korean news agency KCNA described dropping-leaflet action as a “pre-war preemptive strike”.
|Blue House (Photo: VNExpress)|
Jang Kum-Chol, chief of the United Front Department (UFD) also proclaimed that he lost all faith in South Korea and warned Seoul would suffer from “tragic time” for not preventing the dropping-leaflet activity.
The inter-Korean relation has deteriorated since a second summit between Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump early last year fell apart. Pyongyang almost severed contact with Seoul since then. The North-South Korean military agreement, signed during the visit of South Korean President Moon Jae-in to North Korea in 2018, was has not been conducted, added the VNExpress.
It was reported on the voa that: "South Korea’s left-leaning government, which desperately wants to improve ties with the North, has tried to placate Pyongyang’s concerns by vowing to legislate a formal ban on such launches and cracking down on groups sending the leaflets.
Seoul also is attempting to move ahead with inter-Korean economic and other projects, which have been held back by international sanctions on North Korea’s nuclear program.
But despite those steps, North Korea has continued to generate the sense of a crisis with Seoul, even allowing rallies in Pyongyang to protest the leaflet launches".
- Vietnamese woman with ‘brittle bone’ disease offers free classes to disadvantaged youths
- Deputy PM orders maintaining readiness in pandemic fight
- Football: Torres hat-trick as record-breaking Man City beat Newcastle
- Ho Chi Minh City students learn by growing school gardens
- Capital city’s landmark cathedral under renovation