Water lily being harvested in Mekong River Delta
Two women are rowing harvested boat full of water lilies to sell them at local markets or restaurants.
The flowers can be stir-fried or cooked with a shrimp-sour soup. In addition, you can wash water lily flowers with water and strip off thin crust, remove flowers but retain stems. The ingredient, together with copper perch, bacon and eggplant can make a typical fermented fish hotpot of the region.
These pictures are taken in flooding seasons in An Giang and Long An provinces by photographer Pham Huy Trung (from Ho Chi Minh City).
From July to October of the lunar calendar, water flows from the upper Mekong River into the area. An Giang and Long An are the first places to receive water before other provinces downstream in the Mekong River Delta region. The flooding season is also the time for people to make a living by fishing, growing crops, and collecting water lilies. Water lilies are grown in most rivers in the Mekong River Delta. Pink water lily flowers and ladies’ colorful clothes stand out from the dark water.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Raw pangasius prices increase slightly in the Mekong Delta
- Vietlott Energy 6/55 Lottery: Seems an enormous who gained a Jackpot of 42 billion VND?
- Vietnam, Malaysia should lift bilateral trade to 20 billion USD by 2025: President
- The spouse of billionaire Pham Nhat Vuong, Mrs. Pham Thu Huong was secretly photographed, her magnificence was shocking
- Large prospect helps billionaire Pham Nhat Vuong’s “beloved” to “develop” in Europe
Vietlott Energy 6/55 Lottery: Seems an enormous who gained a Jackpot of 42 billion VND?
The spouse of billionaire Pham Nhat Vuong, Mrs. Pham Thu Huong was secretly photographed, her magnificence was shocking
Bringing Vietnam Intelligence To The World With Phạm Minh Tuấn CEO Of FPT Software (S2E25)
Bitcoin’s bearish sentiment may quickly change if the worth tumbles from $41,000
Outcomes of the Central Lottery in the present day January 20, 2022