Vietnam welcomes 3.8 million foreign visitors in first seven months
Asian visitors accounted for the lion’s share, 73%, down 63.9% year-on-year.
According to the report by General Statistics Office, arrivals from most major markets, including China, the Republic of Korea, and Japan, declined substantially in January-July, with only those from Cambodia rising, by 88.9%.
Tourists from Europe fell 48.7% year-on-year.
In July alone, 139,000 foreigners arrived in Vietnam, mainly by road, a month-on-month increase of 8.7% but down 98.9% against the same period last year, as the country has yet to open its doors to international tourists.
Related: ‘D-day’ is nearing for reopening of Vietnamese borders to foreign tourists?
Meanwhile, following a domestic tourism stimulus plan, many localities recorded month-on-month surges in June of at least 1.5-fold in domestic holidaymaker numbers, said the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism.
Sapa, Lao Cai, Vietnam
They included Sa Pa in Lao Cai province and also Quang Ninh province in the north, Binh Dinh and Phu Yen provinces in the central region, and Phu Quoc Island, off the coast of the Mekong Delta’s Kien Giang province.
This article was first posted on NDO/ editing by Vietnam Insider’s staff
- Hut 8 Crosses The 8,000 BTC Mark Whereas Persevering with To HODL
- Developing green agriculture in line with world development trend
- Localities requested to strictly sanction fishing vessels losing connection with vessel monitoring system
- QunaSys Co-Organizes International Training Workshop on Quantum Computing for Chemistry
- US investors display confidence in Vietnam