What Vietnam should do to further attract foreign tourists?
The Tourism Advisory Board of Vietnam said that, a key for the country to attract more foreign tourists at this time is to change its visa policy.
The expanding the list of eligible visa waivers with a maximum stay of up to 30-45 days will be a big drive for foreigners who are planning a trip to Vietnam, according to Tourism Advisory Board.
The Tourism Advisory Board also proposed that e-visa should be expanded to all countries and domain name changed so that foreigners can recognize and find more easily when surfing the internet.
You Might Be Interested In
- Vietnam sees a surge in international tourist arrivals during Tet holidays
- Vietnam plans to extend visa waiver period to 30 days
- Vietnam expects to double the volume of tourist arrivals in 2023
Last year, Vietnam only received 3.6 million foreign tourists, just 70% of its target. It targets 8 million this year, the local media Vietnam News reported.
Foreign tourist in Vietnam. Photo: @clumsy_charly & @backofthebiketours
So far, citizens of 80 countries and territories can apply for an e-visa to enter Vietnam without going through a guarantor agency or organization.
It said, many foreign tourists expect the country will bring back the multiple three-month visa that was available before the pandemic.
- EU and Timor-Leste sign deal on WTO accession
- Northern Trust Enhances Digital Workflow Experience for Private Capital Fund Managers
- Entrepreneur Universe Bright Group Announces 2022 Fiscal Year Financial Results
- X Financial Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2022 Unaudited Financial Results
- Sanctions Curb Vietnamese Exports To Russia, Causing 60% Drop YOY - Reports
EU and Timor-Leste sign deal on WTO accession
Sanctions Curb Vietnamese Exports To Russia, Causing 60% Drop YOY - Reports
The significance of Vietnam for US businesses and why they should take notice
World Trade Disputes Shapes the Global Economy’s Future
Vietnam to reassert its position on the world coffee map