Beef meatball noodle soup in Chau Doc Town
"Hu tieu bo vien", or beef meatball noodle soup, can be seen everywhere in the downtown area with locals eating it in the morning and evening.
In Chau Doc, a town in the Mekong River Delta province of An Giang bordering Cambodia, the hu tieu, a rice-based noodle, is distinctive with the strands being smaller, soft and chewy.
The cook puts the noodles to a bowl and adds the broth made from bones and small pieces of bo vien (beef meatballs). Fresh herbs are also available for people who like their taste.
A bowl costs around VND20,000 (around US$0.86).
- PM Phuc welcomes multinational business delegation led by Philipp Rösler
- Vietnam Venture Summit 2020 launches in Hanoi
- What real estate segment can lead investors in 2021?
- The Ministry of Construction divested all capital in CC1, earning nearly 1,030 billion VND
- ACB canceled listing on HNX from December 2
GTNfoods wants to take profit of 1 million treasury shares, expected 65% profit after 7 months of buying
Nam Long closed the right to advance the first dividend of 2020
First turbine of Song Hau 1 Thermal Power Plant synchronised with national grid
Vietnam, India seek to promote fishery cooperation
Ministry seeks ideas on Mekong Delta master plan