VABIOTECH is testing a vaccine against COVID-19 in monkeys
Hanoi (VNA) - Vaccines and Biologics EURL No. 1 (VABIOTECH) has started testing a vaccine against COVID-19 on macaques reared on Reu Island (Quang Ninh Province, North).
Do Tuan Dat, director of VABIOTECH, said 12 healthy macaques between the ages of 3 and 5 had been selected for testing in two phases. After vaccination, these macaques, which weigh more than 3 kg, will be monitored for about three months, before researchers take blood samples from them for testing.
Earlier, last June, VABIOTECH tested this vaccine on mice.
The results of the macaque tests will form the basis for the next steps in testing and suggesting human trials. -VNA
- SX GLOBAL ANNOUNCES PROVISIONAL 2023 CALENDAR FOR SIX FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
- GWM, Sponsor of BWF World Tour Finals 2022, Advocates A Clean and Intelligent Lifestyle
- ASK Indian Entrepreneur Fund receives UCITS authorisation, aims raising USD500m from global investors
- CGTN: Xi visits the Middle East: What to be expected
- ReviR Therapeutics to Present at RNA Targeted Drug Discovery Summit