Indonesia’s jobs marketplace AdaKerja bags $1m in seed round from Beenext
AdaKerja , an Indonesia-based online marketplace for job seekers, announced that it has secured US$1 million in a seed round from Singapore-based VC firm Beenext.
Photo credit: AdaKerja
The latest round brings the total funding AdaKerja has raised to date to US$1.4 million, after it bagged funds from angel investors including the heads of LinkedIn, DBS, ICAP, and Tolaram Group.
Launched in 2019 AdaKerja provides a blue-collar jobs marketplace connecting workers with micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises. The company said it has over 600000 jobseeker profiles and 10000 engaged businesses on its platform.
“Our mission in Indonesia is to digitize job search and payroll for 100 million blue-collar workers and 60 million micro, small, and medium-sized businesses (MSMBs). By most estimates MSMBs account for over
of employment and US$300 billion in annual payroll,” AdaKerja founder Ashwin Tiwari said.
The company in a statement claims that it is seeing the return of company hiring activity to pre-Covid-19 levels and expects that “the great Indonesia rehire” will take place in 2021 and beyond.
With the new funds, AdaKerja plans to further develop its technology and product offerings.
This week, India-based blue-collar workforce management company Betterplace also just raised
in a series B funding round led by Jungle Ventures.
- Geekbuying - A Recognized and Trusted Global Online Shop
- Odisha Train Accident: KIIT to Provide Jobs and Education to Victims' Families of Odisha
- WuKong Education Launches Contest for Global Chinese Families to Share Their "American Born Chinese" Stories
- Fibocom 5G Module FG360 Certified by Another US Major Carrier, in Acceleration to Deploy the FWA Broadband Solution Worldwide
- In Record Time--Vermiculus' Microservice-Based Clearing Solution Live on Minneapolis Grain Exchange