Amazon sends legal notice to Future Group for selling stake to Reliance Industries
Amazon confirmed the legal notice, according to
In August, RIL's retail arm Reliance Retail acquired Indian conglomerate Future Group's own retail and wholesale business, as well as its logistics and warehousing arm for US$3.4 billion.
Amazon, however, said the deal ‚Äubreaches the terms of its contract by selling a significant portion of the business to Ambani's Reliance Retail.‚Äu
Prior to the deal, Amazon acquired a 49% stake in Future Coupons, a promoter group entity of Future Group's retail business. With the deal, the US ecommerce giant holds a 358% stake in the retail arm and the right of first refusal to buy more stakes in the unit, the report said.
This comes after Amazon reportedly expressed interest in a deal to invest
in Reliance Retail for a 40% stake. The retail arm has raised more than
from leading global investors including Silver Lake, KKR, General Atlantic, Mubadala, GIC, TPG, and ADIA recently. Its ecommerce platform JioMart aims to take on Amazon and Walmart's Flipkart in the country.
- TauRx Announces Results from Phase 3 Alzheimer's Disease Study, LUCIDITY, Assuring Path for Regulatory Submissions
- Online Travel Platforms Raise Concerns with Penang Government On Short-Term Rental Plans
- Many universities announce further matriculation scores
- 14-Year-Old Hanoian Wins International Young Eco-Hero Award
- IBM and CEO Arvind Krishna Welcome President Biden to Poughkeepsie Site, Company Plans to Invest $20 billion in the Hudson Valley Region Over 10 Years