National footballers gather for World Cup qualifiers
The national team will participate in a one-week training camp from May 22 to May 29 before going on to compete in the remaining World Cup qualifiers.
There is also the chance for the Vietnamese team to hold an additional training camp between April 21 and May 7 due to a V.League 1 break, enabling Viettel FC to compete in the group stage of the AFC Champions League.
The VFF have confirmed that the V.League 1 season is scheduled to resume on either March 13 or March 19 depending on the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the domestic league set to conclude on September 19.
Chief coach Park Hang-seo is scheduled to return to work from March 3. Although he had originally anticipated the national team to be given more time to prepare for World Cup qualifiers, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic caused the V.League 1 season to be postponed, meaning there is now not enough time available for the senior team to hold longer training camps.
Vietnam are currently leading Group G with 11 points, followed by Malaysia with nine points, Thailand with eight points, the UAE with six points, and Indonesia who are bottom with zero points.
The national team are scheduled to compete in three matches as part of the current qualifying process, with ties against Indonesia on June 7, Malaysia on June 11, and the United Arab Emirates on June 15.
- Royal sisters movie gets release date after pandemic delay
- India daily weather forecast latest March 4 Snow rain to occur over Jammu Kashmir while scattered rain thunderstorms to cover Arunachal Pradesh
- COVID-19 tracing app Bluezone sees over 30 million downloads
- The secret life of Hanoi’s pet rescuers
- The Gala Concert “Hope” at Hanoi Opera House