Werner finally finds the net as Chelsea beat Newcastle 2-0
Chelsea's Timo Werner in action with Newcastle United's Ciaran Clark and Isaac Hayden. (Reuters)
Chelsea notched up their fourth league win in a row under new coach Thomas Tuchel on Monday (Feb 15) and striker Timo Werner ended his goal drought as the Blues beat Newcastle United 2-0 to leapfrog Liverpool into the Champions League qualifying places.
* West Ham United moved into fifth spot in the Premier League standings on Monday after an efficient 3-0 home win over bottom side Sheffield United at the London Stadium..
* Hosts Bayern Munich had to battle back from two goals down to rescue a 3-3 draw against strugglers Arminia Bielefeld on Monday and had their lead at the top of the Bundesliga cut to five points.
* Red Bull have formed their own powertrain company and will race from 2022 with engines using Honda technology, the Formula One team said on Monday (Feb 15). Honda, who currently provide engines to Red Bull Racing and sister team AlphaTauri, are leaving the sport as a power unit manufacturer at the end of the 2021 season.
* Rafa Nadal threw a blanket over the fire of Fabio Fognini to cruise into the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-3 6-4 6-2 win on Monday.
* Italian Matteo Berrettini withdrew from his Australian Open fourth-round match against Stefanos Tsitsipas on Monday (Feb 15) due to an abdominal strain, organisers said.
* Czech Karolina Muchova recovered from a shaky start to defeat Belgian Elise Mertens 7-6(7-5), 7-5 and reach the last eight of the Australian Open on Monday (Feb 15).
* World number one Ashleigh Barty's defensive mastery flummoxed big-hitting Shelby Rogers on Monday (Feb 15) as she stormed into the Australian Open quarter-finals to heighten hopes of a first home winner in 43 years. The Australian was ruthless in her 6-3, 6-4 victory over the in-form Rogers in one hour and 11 minutes in the fourth round at a crowd-less Rod Laver Arena.
* Borussia Moenchengladbach coach Marco Rose will leave at the end of the season to join Bundesliga rivals Borussia Dortmund, his club said on Monday. Rose, who led Gladbach into the Champions League this season after taking over in 2019, exercised a clause in his contract to leave his job a year early, in a major coup for Dortmund, who have been struggling for much of the season.
* Colombian Juan Cuadrado has been ruled out of Juventus' next three games after picking up a hamstring injury, the Serie A champions said on Monday. The 32-year-old had to be withdrawn at halftime during Juventus' 1-0 defeat to Napoli at the weekend.
* Former world number one Andy Murray will make his return to the ATP Tour at this month's Open Sud de France in Montpellier after receiving a wildcard, organisers said on Monday. The three-time Grand Slam winner was forced to pull out of this year's Australian Open after he was unable to find what he called a "workable quarantine" following a positive COVID-19 test on Jan. 14.
- Hang Trong folk print- a touch of the legacy in the modern life
- India daily weather forecast latest February 27 Isolated rain thunderstorms expected over some places
- Experience in touring Chi Quang Ngai stream for a relaxing weekend, cool spring bath
- Five traditional festivals in Quang Ngai are famous for attracting tourists from near and far
- Thien An Temple in Quang Ngai – the ideal destination for tranquility, beautiful scenery