Thái Sơn Nam win HDBank Nation Futsal Championship final on penalties
HCM CITY— Thai Sơn Nam defeated defending champions Savinest Sanatech Khanh Hoa 5-4 on penalties in the finals on Thursday night to win the HDBank National futsal Championship.
In a match played in Đak Lak Province, Khanh Hòa began confidently and controlled the first half, playing deep from their own half.
They made good use of set pieces to score twice through Đình Hung and Khắc Chí within 10 minutes of the start.
But Thai Sơn Nam fought back with three goals by Anh Duy, Minh Trí and Thịnh Phat.
In the dying minutes of the first half, Văn Quý of Thai Sơn Nam handled the ball in the penalty area and was sent off. Veteran Trọng Luan duly converted from the penalty spot to equalise for Khanh Hòa.
The first half ended 3-3.
Thai Sơn Nam began the second half by attacking relentlessly, but Khanh Hòa defended well and absorbed all the pressure.
There were no more goals, and the teams went into a penalty shoot-out to decide the title winner.
Trọng Luan of Khanh Hòa missed the last kick to hand Thai Sơn Nam the match and title.
The winning team also received a VNĐ200 million (US$8,600) cash prize.
Khổng Đình Hung of Savinest Sanatech Khanh Hòa was named player of the tournament, Hồ Văn Ý of Thai Sơn Nam was the best goalkeeper and Lưu Đong Dương of Cao Bằng FC was the top scorer. VNS
- 12 coronavirus cases, including one domestic infection, reported in Vietnam
- Central Party Committee discusses whole-term working agenda, personnel work
- Making the most of life behind bars
- Sunlight Real Estate Investment Trust ("Sunlight REIT") and Dah Sing Bank jointly announce the naming of Dah Sing Financial Centre
- Banh Chuoi – The Nostalgic Food of Childhood