National Chess Championship crowns new winners
24-year-old Le Tuấn Minh received his first ever gold medal in the standard chess category in the National Chess Championship 2020. Photo Hanoimoi.com.vn
HÀ NỘI — Le Tuấn Minh and Lương Phương Hạnh won their first-ever National Chess Championship titles in Ha Noi on Sunday.
Minh of Ha Noi, who was the No 2 seed, earned seven points after eight unbeaten games to win the men’s standard chess category.
While on the women’s side, the No 6 seed Hạnh of Bình Dương Province defeated No 4 seed Nguyễn Thị Mai Hưng of Bắc Giang Province in the last match.
More than 100 players competed in the tournament from localities nationwide.
Like previous years, this year’s tournament had three categories, including standard chess, blitz and rapid chess.
Through the tournament, the Vietnam Chess Federation will select the best players to join the national team to compete in international tournaments in 2021. VNS
- Got Time To Spare? These Non-Profit Organizations Are In Need Of Volunteers
- How could Vietnam’s GDP reach the fastest pace in decades in Q3 2022?
- Shark Says Goodbye to Dust Clouds With Shark® Wandvac® Self-Empty System
- Doxy.me extends telemedicine's reach to 88% of the world's population
- DFI and AEWIN Partner to Empower Software Virtualization Technology Through AMD Platform Ultra-small Products
Connecting continents via close multi-sector cooperation
Corporate bond market reform adds safety net for investors
Viet Nam, India hold great potential for supply chain cooperation: analysts
BAEMIN Vietnam, a top 5 e-commerce market leader in 2022
Provinces and cities work to secure food supplies for year-end