252 athletes compete in classic and freestyle wrestling tourney
The 2020 championship has attracted 252 wrestlers from 19 teams nationwide.
Athletes are competing in 11 weight categories ranging from 48 to 130kg for the men’s classic, 11 weight categories from 50kg to 125kg for the men’s freestyle, and 11 weight categories from 44kg to 76kg for the women’s freestyle.
Do Quang Trung, deputy director of the Nam Dinh provincial Cultrure, Sport and Tourism Department, and head of the championship’ organizing board, said this year’s event will see fierce competition for medals among wrestlers from Hanoi, Thai Nguyen, the police and the army teams.
The tournament is to promote wrestling in the public and more importantly to look for talented wrestlers for the national squad, said Trung.
The championship also creates the chance for athletes to hone in skills and for teams to garner experience for future tournaments, added the official.
The championship is scheduled to last through to October 12.
- HCMC’s foreign investment approvals up 3.3%
- Businesses struggle to keep workers as exports slow
- Economic stability will require serious adjustment
- Globalnewsonline: Jiang Mingcheng "Mingcheng College" Three Things Novices in Investment Must Do
- Waterdrop Inc. to Report Third Quarter 2022 Financial Results on December 6, 2022