More cases of COVID-19 infection reported in Vietnam.
The new cases bring the total number of COVID-19 patients in Vietnam to 590, including 306 imported cases who were quarantined right upon arrival.
Of the total cases, 373 have recovered so far. There have been three deaths related to the virus.
Also on August 2, two more deaths of COVID-19 were reported, one was a patient in Da Nang and one was n Quang Nam. They both died of serious underlying diseases and COVID-19. So far, 5 deaths of COVID-19 have been reported in Vietnam.
As of August 2 morning, the total number of coronavirus cases linked to the outbreak in Da Nang increased to 144 since July 25.
Among the active patients, six have tested negative for the virus once, and eight at least twice.
A total 94,216 who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or came from pandemic-hit areas are under quarantine nationwide.
- Vietnam to conduct high school exam in two phases amid fresh Covid-19 outbreak
- Health Ministry orders stronger anti-COVID-19 actions at medical establishments
- Long-lasting difficulties in budget collection of tax sector
- Trade surplus increased sharply, reaches US$6.5 billion in seven months
- Medical staff sent to central region hospitals to treat COVID-19 cases