Da Nang suspends receiving tourists amid COVID-19 fears
|Golden Bridge – a key tourist attraction in Da Nang|
The suspension is to ensure the safety of visitors and the community as well, said Le Trung Chinh, vice chairman of the Da Nang Municipal People’s Committee.
The Ministry of Health announced two locally transmitted coronavirus infections on July 25-26. Local authorities have moved to take drastic measures to prevent the virus spreading in the community.
According to Chinh, after the news about the two cases was published, the Municipal Department of Tourism has requested all accommodation facilities and tourist sites to immediately implement preventive measures against the recurrence of the disease.
The department worked with accommodation facilities and proposed these facilities be transformed into concentrated quarantine camps for foreigners if they fall into the suspect group.
It asked hotels, accommodation facilities and travel operators to provide sanitizer for tourists currently staying in the city to wash hands, while encouraging them to wear face masks and keep a distance when going out.
Da Nang is one of the leading tourist centers in central Vietnam. It houses many tourist attractions, including Ba Na Hill resort, Golden Bridge, Ngu Hanh Son Marble Mountains complex, Hoa Phu Thanh waterfalls, Than Tai mineral spring, Sunworld Da Nang Wonders, 3D Trickeye Museum or a number of beautiful beaches.
- COVID-19 returns to Wuhan, where it first emerged in China
- Cyberport, Ericsson, SmarTone and Unissoft Join Hands to Develop New 5G Applications, Form Hong Kong's First 5G Edge Computing Deployment Scenario Used at Cyberport and Unleash the Power of 5G Technology
- Vallen Poised for Business Expansion and Captures New Revenue Stream in the Cloud with Infor
- Establishment of grassroots technology teams proposed to fight against pandemic
- Indian pharmaceutical firms to provide Vietnam with 1 million Covid-19 antiviral doses