Chinese Embassy protests US order to close consulate in Houston
The statement posted on the Chinese Embassy website said the order was a political provocation unilaterally launched by the US side which violates international law, basic norms governing international relations, and the bilateral consular agreement between China and the US.
The statement went on to say that China is committed to the principle of non-interference in other countries’ internal affairs. In recent years, China’s diplomatic corps, including the consulate in Houston, have strictly followed the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, done its best to promote cooperation with the US and enhance bilateral friendship and understanding. China says US criticisms are groundless and unrealistic.
On Wednesday, the US abruptly ordered China to “cease all operations and events” at its consulate in Houston within 72 hours, because of Chinese interference in US internal affairs and theft of intellectual property.
- Vietnam News Today July 31 Hanoi Asked to Work Out Home Isolation Plan for Covid 19 F1 Cases
- Olympics: Japan clinch historic fencing gold in men's epee team
- Vietnam confirms 8,622 new COVID-19 cases and nearly 300 deaths
- Ministry confirms 3,657 new Covid-19 cases, 139 fatalities
- How To Watch ESPN in Vietnam Live Online and Stream For Free