Vietnam’s securities market to evolve into emerging market
The goal was set by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Monday on the 20th anniversary of Vietnam’s securities market and the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HOSE).
“Vietnam’s securities market, in the past 20 years, has overcome enormous difficulties to expand considerably in organization, scale, and operation quality. It has become a major channel of capital mobilization for enterprises and the entire economy. Vietnam’s securities market is trying to improve its status regionally and globally,” said Prime Minister Phuc.
The number of listed companies has grown from two, when the securities market was first launched, to 1,600 today, with a total capitalization of over 170 billion USD, 65% of Vietnam’s GDP.
- Vietnam elevates rice brand in demanding markets
- Supermarket coalition expected to help cut use of plastic bags
- Vietnamese, Chinese leaders exchange greetings on diplomatic ties anniversary
- COVID-19: No fresh case recorded, infection tally stays at 1,537
- Vietnam steps up measures to protect guest workers abroad