Mexican woman dies in northern Vietnam road crash
A 34-year-old Mexican woman died on Sunday in the northern province of Hoa Binh after her motorbike was hit by a container truck.
At around 9 a.m. TruJiLo Villalva Elizabeth Judith was riding on National Highway 6 in Mai Chau District when a truck driven by Do Ngoc Tan crashed into her motorbike head-on, Vietnam News Agency reported.
She died on the spot.
The Hoa Binh Province police are investigating.
Police are at the scene where a Mexican woman was killed after her motorbike (pictured) collided with a truck in Hoa Binh Province, July 12, 2020. Photo by Vietnam News Agency.
Last month a South African man in HCMC who drove into a lane for automobiles coming in the opposite direction crashed into a truck and died.Several foreigners, most of them on motorbikes, have been killed or injured recently in road accidents involving trucks.
Two Germans died in February after their motorbike was hit by a truck on the Lo Xo Mountainous Pass in the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum.
Road crashes are a leading cause of death in Vietnam, killing an average 17 people every day this year.
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed
- Vietnamese PM Commits Optimal Conditions For Newly Appointed Russian Ambassador
- Vietnam Coordinates ASEAN Meetings with Partners at 54th Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam records 4,267 local cases Wednesday morning
- Daily Horoscope August 5 Prediction for Zodiac Signs with Love Money Career and Health