Summer Youth Volunteer Campaign 2020 launched in Ho Chi Minh city
The campaign in the city sets goals to install 35 new hand washing sinks to prevent infectious diseases; build 30 playgrounds for children; implement 24 health communication programs for the public; provide medical examination and consultation and medicine distribution for 31,500 people; and give 12,000 youths free job consultation. The campaign will continue until August 16.
Themed “Young Vietnamese act creatively and voluntarily for the community”, the national summer youth volunteer program will focus on helping people in disadvantaged localities, remote coastal communes, and islands. Young volunteers will engage in environmental protection, blood donation, helping students during their exam periods, and other social programs.
The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union targeted to repair and build 2,500 km of rural road, offer medical checks and treatment for 200,000 people, and build 700 charity houses nationwide.
- COVID-19: 7,307 new infections recorded on July 23
- TIME Hanoi Is One Of The World s Greatest Places 2021
- Vietnam’s capital city reimposes social distancing rules after Covid-19 cases rise
- Cross-sector partnerships should be built on trust
- Vietnam keeps breaking the its record of daily COVID-19 cases – How did this happen?