Vietnam logs 5,382 new Covid-19 cases, tally of the fourth wave reaches 809,376.
Vietnam recorded additional 5,382 local Covid-19 cases in 37 localities Monday, up 15 cases from previous day, pushing the ongoing wave’s tally to 809,376.
According to the health ministry, three localities with the highest number of new cases were Ho Chi Minh City with 2,490 cases, Binh Duong with 1,210 cases and Dong Nai with 701 cases.
The number of Covid cases in HCMC in the current outbreak has surpassed 400,000.
Related: Over 44.63 million people in Vietnam have been given at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose
The authorities also confirmed 27,683 recoveries the same day, bringing the total tally of recovered cases so far to 721,480.
According to health ministry, the Covid-19 death toll in the country rose to 19,845 with the confirmation of 130 deaths Monday.
The data showed, average number of new cases in the country for the past seven days has been 6,835 a day while the national death rate has been 149 a day on average.
Nationwide, over 34.6 million people have been given at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose, of them 10.9 million people have been fully vaccinated, according to a report by VNExpress.
- Vietnam beat Kyrgyzstan 3-0 in final friendly ahead of AFC U23 Asian Cup 2022 Qualifiers
- METAVERSE EMPIRE (MES) was launched to open the age of empire under Metaverse
- At least 8 dead and missing after heavy rainfall as the weather turns cold in Vietnam
- MSIG Introduces SME Group Medical Insurance Plan Focusing on Flexible Coverage
- Vietnam logs 3,175 new Covid-19 local cases as over 61.9 million have been vaccinated
Joint venture oilfield produce 1 million tonnes of crude
Over 40% of firms in Long An resume operations
VinFast to debut new electric vehicles at Los Angeles Auto Show 2021
NG Biotech expected to open R&D centre for infectious diseases in Vietnam
Big garment makers see stable orders, want to hire more workers