No new locally transmitted infections, 17 positive cases in treatment
According to a report of the Subcommittee on Treatment of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, on July 8, two more patients were declared to have fully recovered and were released from Ba Ria – Vung Tau General Hospital, including a 37-year-old man (patient 339) and a 41- year- old man (patient 342).
Among the 369 confirmed cases so far, 229 were imported and keep in quarantine immediately after arrival.
The nation has recorded no community infection of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 since April 16, or 84 straight days with no fatalities reported so far.
Among the remaining patients under treatment, 17 are still positive for the deadly virus and five have tested negative for the SARS-CoV-2 virus for at least twice.
A total of 13,322 people who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or arrived from pandemic-hit areas are under quarantine for health observation.
- COVID-19: 999 cases were cured
- PM orders expanding remote medical services
- Vietnamese economy likely to be second best performer in Asia-Pacific region this year
- Vietnam welcomes 104 passengers on first international commercial flight in six months
- You can now enjoy unexpected tranquillity and a sense of balance at this luxury serviced apartment in Hanoi from $154
Vietnamese economy likely to be second best performer in Asia-Pacific region this year
Deputy Defence Minister hosts Japanese Ambassador
VN chairs ASEAN Chiefs of Defense Forces’ Meeting
Bright prospects for fisheries sector in final quarter
New ride-hail app in Vietnam lets customers bargain with drivers