Health worker in charge of collecting samples tested positive for Covid-19 in Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
A health worker in charge of collecting residents’ samples for COVID-19 testing in Ho Chi Minh City has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
The 33-year-old resides in Binh Chanh District and works at the medical center of Binh Tan District, a source close to Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper quoted local authorities on Tuesday evening.
She had been admitted to the hospital for COVID-19 treatment in Cu Chi District earlier the same day.
From June 2 to 14, the health worker was sent to COVID-19 hot spots in Binh Tan District at least 15 times to collect residents’ samples for coronavirus testing.
She previously tested negative for the novel coronavirus on June 9 but retested positive on Tuesday.
The woman did not experience any symptom prior to her test result.
Initial epidemiological investigation showed that six people including family members and colleagues had come into close contact with the health worker.
More than 3,000 health workers have been tasked with collecting citizens’ samples for COVID-19 testing, according to Tang Chi Thuong, deputy director of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health.
They include doctors, nurses, and technicians of 48 public hospitals and more than 500 students of the University of Medicine Pham Ngoc Thach.
Vietnam has documented 11,480 COVID-19 cases as of Wednesday afternoon, with 4,543 recoveries and 61 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has recorded 8,262 local infections in 40 provinces and cities since the fourth wave of transmissions started on April 27, including 1,015 cases in Ho Chi Minh City.
This article was originally published in tuoitre
- 'AGON by AOC': a New Gaming Brand Strategy to Inspire Gamers at Every Level
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed
- Vietnamese PM Commits Optimal Conditions For Newly Appointed Russian Ambassador
- Vietnam Coordinates ASEAN Meetings with Partners at 54th Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam records 4,267 local cases Wednesday morning