Top legislator congratulates journalists on Revolutionary Press Day
National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue speaks at the meeting. (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)
NDO/VNA – National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue congratulated journalists nationwide on the occasion of the 96th Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day (June 21) while hosting representatives of press agencies in Hanoi on June 15.
He stressed the important role of the press in NA activities, especially in popularising all information about the legislature’s organisation and operations to voters and people inside and outside the country.
The top legislator showed his wish that in the coming time, press agencies will improve the quality of their products on NA activities, have more special articles analysing the legislative body’s discussed contents as well as influences of policies and contents that are being considered and discussed.
It is also necessary to promptly report voters’ opinions and recommendations to the National Assembly and its Standing Committee and agencies, and make proposals to improve the quality of NA activities, especially in law making, and in supervising and making decisions on major issues of the country, he added.
- COVID-19: 7,307 new infections recorded on July 23
- TIME Hanoi Is One Of The World s Greatest Places 2021
- Vietnam’s capital city reimposes social distancing rules after Covid-19 cases rise
- Cross-sector partnerships should be built on trust
- Vietnam keeps breaking the its record of daily COVID-19 cases – How did this happen?