COVID-19: 77 cases reported over 12 hours
Seven COVID-19 patients are given the all-clear at Da Nang Lung Hospital (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - An additional 77 cases of COVID-19 were reported over the past 12 hours to 6am June 5, raising the national tally to 8,364, according to the Health Ministry.
Of the new cases, two returned from abroad, and 75 are locally-infected, with 45 in Bac Giang, 19 in Bac Ninh, 10 in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Ha Nam.
The number of cases recorded in the latest wave of outbreaks since April 27 rose to 5,249.
A total 3,242 patients have been given the all-clear, while the death toll rose to 51, most of whom suffering from serious underlying illnesses.
Among active patients, 213 have tested negative for the coronavirus once, 82 twice and 78 thrice.
Over 176,870 people who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or arrived from pandemic-hit areas are being quarantined across the country.
An additional 60,701 people received COVID-19 vaccine shots on June 4 while 32.401 people have received two shots. The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered so far rose to more than 1.21 million.
- Danang Lung Hospital discharges five recovered Covid-19 patients
- Over one million Covid-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam early July
- U.S. helps Vietnam identify counterfeit Covid-19 vaccines
- Easy Riders shows how a Vietnamese mother and son in their 60s travel across the country in search of adventure
- On the top of a residence in Hanoi, a 100-year-old house
CAAV asks Transport Ministry for consultancy over cargo airline project
Cyber Risk | It’s time to focus and take action!
Vietnam’s Phenikaa group invests US$1.5 million in local tech startup. Here’s the reason
It has never been easier for doing business in Vietnam as a foreigner?
Businesses struggle with rising costs during COVID-19