The infection tally of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave rose to 1,678
Vietnam records 30 more domestic Covid-19 patients on Thursday morning.
Since the new wave started on April 27, 1,678 local cases have been recorded in 29 cities and provinces.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The new patients were recorded in the north-central province of Thanh Hoa and five northern provinces of Lang Son, Ninh Binh, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong and Bac Giang.
In Bac Giang, 13 cases are associated with a cluster at Quang Chau Industrial Park in Viet Yen District of which operation has been suspended.
In Bac Ninh, eight cases are related to a hotspot and have already been isolated before their tests arrived positive.
Five cases in Hai Duong were detected via mass testing.
Two cases in Ninh Binh are linked to a hotspot and have also been quarantined. They have made the first cases recorded in the province in this new Covid-19 wave.
The case in Thanh Hoa is a worker at the Quang Chau IP in Bac Giang.
Since the new wave started on April 27, 1,678 local cases have been recorded in 29 cities and provinces, including 618 in Bac Giang and 361 in Bac Ninh.
Hanoi has recorded 257 cases, including 118 cases in two hospitals under lockdown while HCMC reported three, according to VNExpress.
- Diplomatic sector needs proactive, sharp and creative operation: PM
- Government buys 30 million doses of AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine from VNVC
- Who will be eligible for getting China-donated COVID-19 vaccines in Vietnam?
- Philippines signs deal for 40 mln Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 doses
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fund: The key to beating the pandemic