First shipment of UK Covid vaccine coming to Vietnam
The Vietnamese Ministry of Health has officially approved ChadOx, British Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (AZD1222), with the first batch expected to arrive at Ho Chi Minh City on Feb. 24, according to Zing.
According to the Vietnam Vaccine Company (VNVC), the first load of the vaccine is going to the frozen in storage in Phu Nhuan District after clearance. The Supply system Director of VNVC said the unit was preparing to receive a large amount of vaccine so they could serve millions of citizens.
As required by the Government and the Health Department, VNVC will soon announce their vaccination plan. The price is expected to be reasonable so many can access. However, the health department will prioritize medical staff and Covid-19 prevention units for vaccination. This is because the country hasn’t got the sufficient amount at once so they have to prioritize specific groups.
AstraZenca had co-operated with Oxford University and Vaccitech to research and develop ChadOx. The vaccine was made based on virus vector technology, using harmless flu viruses from chimpanzees.
- Royal sisters movie gets release date after pandemic delay
- India daily weather forecast latest March 4 Snow rain to occur over Jammu Kashmir while scattered rain thunderstorms to cover Arunachal Pradesh
- COVID-19 tracing app Bluezone sees over 30 million downloads
- The secret life of Hanoi’s pet rescuers
- The Gala Concert “Hope” at Hanoi Opera House