Haiphong locks down commune due to new Covid-19 case
Haiphong Transport Hospital, where the patient works, has been locked down – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – Haiphong City locked down Hoang Dong Commune after a 26-year-old woman living there tested positive for Covid-19 today, February 22.
Haiphong Transport Hospital at No. 40, Street 5, Hong Bang District, where the patient works, has also been locked down and disinfected.
The woman, residing in Hamlet 4, Hoang Dong Commune, Thuy Nguyen District, has neither left Haiphong City nor developed Covid-19 symptoms over the past 14 days.
Pham Thu Xanh, head of the Covid-19 quick response team of Haiphong City, said the local authorities are identifying venues the patient visited and people who came into contact with her. The citizens are not allowed to enter or leave Hoang Dong Commune until further notice.
The steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control of Haiphong City asked people who had close contact with the patient to immediately contact the nearest medical center for health declarations, an epidemiological investigation and quarantine procedures.
Local residents were encouraged to strictly comply with preventive measures such as wearing masks while stepping out, using hand sanitizers, keeping a safe physical distance from each other and avoiding large gatherings. They should immediately contact the health authorities if they develop symptoms such as a fever, a cough or shortness of breath.
- Poor air quality forecast between March 1-6 in the north
- 60-year-old hibiscus flower looks ‘toxic’: Pay 100 million VND, the Western owner has not yet sold
- Angelina Jolie sells rare painting of Winston Churchill for record 11 5 million
- Government’s pandemic control wins people’s trust
- Cordlife launches OptiQ: A first-of-its-kind corneal lenticule banking service in Singapore