Traffic accidents down 19% year-on-year in first half
According to a report the committee released at its online meeting on July 1, there were a total of 6,790 traffic accidents recorded in the period around the country, killing 3,242 people and injuring 4,939.
The figures represented year-on-year declines of 19.02%, 14.9%, and 22.3%, respectively.
Drink-driving, however, remained at a high level, with 86,114 cases.
From January-June, transport police punished over 1.8 million violations, issuing fines totalling VND1.61 trillion (US$69.5 million). Nearly 151,000 driving licences were revoked and nearly 305,000 vehicles were temporarily seized.
In the remaining months of this year the country has set a target of 10 percent year-on-year declines in the number of accidents, deaths, and injuries.
- Breeding wild fish and giant freshwater prawns in rice fields in the flood season
- Fruit trays help wish for luck, health during Mid-Autumn Festival
- Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
- COVID-19: 9,706 new cases added to national tally
- World News in Brief: September 25
Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
Petrol prices rise from September 25
Lang Son hosts conference to connect consumption of black jelly products
MPI to submit post-pandemic economic recovery scheme in October
Teleconference between Government, businesses to take place this weekend