COVID-19: No fresh case recorded, infection tally stays at 1,537
Earlier on January 16, one new imported case of COVID-19 who is a Nigerian citizen entering the nation from Qatar on January 14 was diagnosed with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The new infection brings the total tally to 1,537, with locally transmitted cases at 693, and imported cases at 844 which were immediately placed into isolation after arrival.
The have been 35 fatalities relating to COVID-19, with most of them being elderly people with serious underlying health issues.
More than 17,950 people are under quarantine across the nation, with 135 at hospitals, and the remainder at concentrated quarantine facilities and at home.
Among the active cases in treatment, 32 have tested negative for the virus at least once, with many going on to give several negative tests.
- India daily weather forecast latest February 28 Scattered rains snow and thunderstorms to cover Sikkim Arunachal Pradesh
- Students in Hanoi will be back to school next week as Covid under control
- COVID-19: Vietnam records 6 more cases over 24 hours
- Experience when traveling to Khe Hai Quang Ngai ‘hot escape’ on a hot summer day 2021
- Find about the once glorious victories at the Hai Phong Trang Kenh relic