Community-based initiatives on minimizing plastic waste
Last month, the National Assembly of Vietnam approved a revised Law on Environment Protection with specific provisions on solid waste management and plastic waste management.
Vietnam has set a series of goals with specific deadlines to address the plastic pollution crisis including halving the amount of plastic waste in marine environments by 2025, reducing the flow of plastics into the ocean by 75% by 2030, completely eliminating single-use plastic and non-biodegradable plastic bags from coastal tourist destinations, and ensuring that marine protected areas are free of plastic waste by 2030.
British Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam Marcus Winsley said the UK is always ready to support the NPAP Program and cooperate with the Vietnamese Government to address plastic waste in Vietnam.
Canadian Ambassador to Vietnam Deborah Paul said Canada is proud to be one of the founding members of the Global Plastic Action Partnership and is investing 6 million Canadian dollars for the program in Indonesia, Ghana, and Vietnam.
- Winning sea shrimp, people earn millions every day
- Invitation to media and analyst briefing for Ericsson Q3 2022 report
- Traveloka & Tourism Malaysia collaborate to showcase Malaysia as preferred holiday destination
- BIM Group prioritizes high-tech farming
- Shipsy Launches Plug-and-Play Unified Container Tracking Platform for Shipment Visibility Across Carriers