COVID-19: British pilot to return to UK on July 12
|Doctors say the 43-year-old British patient needs more time to make a full recovery|
The ambassador thanked Vietnamese doctors for saving the British patient during the past few months and proposed the doctors examine if the patient could travel to his hometown by air.
The ambassador expressed hope the British pilot who is recovering well here in Vietnam will be in good form for the repatriation flight scheduled to depart from Hanoi on July 12.
A Vietnam Airlines aircraft is set to fly to the UK that day to bring home stranded Vietnamese citizens due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With regard to hospital fees, the British embassy said the insurance company that provides services for the British patient, will cover all the cost so that the patient could leave Vietnam with assistance from Vietnamese health specialists. The insurance company has also agreed to arrange doctors to receive the patient when he lands in the UK.
Before the patient leaves for home, leading Vietnamese specialists are to hold another national consultation to see if he is healthy enough for a hospital discharge and for a long flight to the UK.
The patient is poised to return to his hometown in Scotland, the UK. The insurance company recently paid VND3.5 billion for the patient’s treatment cost at the Ho Chi Minh City Hospital of Tropical Diseases where he had received treatment from March 18 to May 22.
The patient, who has tested negative for the coronavirus, is receiving treatment at HCM City-based Cho Ray hospital. He is recovering well, but doctors said he needs more time to make a full recovery.
- Hebei International Industrial Design Week features more than innovative products
- Hello Group Inc. Announces Unaudited Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2022
- Global Times: Saudi Chinese learners welcome Xi's visit, vow to be friendship ambassadors, encouraged by reply letter from Xi
- Sands Supplier Excellence Awards and Sands Procurement Academy Graduation Honour Suppliers and SMEs
- Food and Hotel Vietnam exhibition coming back