Fishing boat sinks off Quang Binh coast, leaving two missing
A fishing boat sank off the coast in central province of Quang Binh on the morning of December 7, leaving two crew members missing.
According to authorities in Le Thuy District, at around 5 this morning, December 7, a fishing boat in Ngu Thuy Commune with four male crew members on board suddenly sank due to rough sea when it was just 30 metres from the shore.
Two of them Tran Nhu Dong, 35, and Tran Nhu Duc, 38, managed to swim ashore safely, while the two others Tran Nhu Hoang, 28 and Tran Duc Tien, 36, have remained unaccounted for.
Right after the incident happened, local authorities conducted a search for the two victims, but the unfavourable weather with strong wind posed difficulties for the rescue.
Ngu Thuy Commune has also contacted the neighbouring commune of Vinh Thai in Quang Tri Province for help.
- Winning sea shrimp, people earn millions every day
- Invitation to media and analyst briefing for Ericsson Q3 2022 report
- Traveloka & Tourism Malaysia collaborate to showcase Malaysia as preferred holiday destination
- BIM Group prioritizes high-tech farming
- Shipsy Launches Plug-and-Play Unified Container Tracking Platform for Shipment Visibility Across Carriers