UN Security Council adopts Vietnamese resolution
In its capacity as Chair of the UNSC’s Informal Working Group on International Tribunals, Vietnam wrote and chaired negotiations for the resolution.
Resolution 2529 acknowledges operation outcomes of the mechanism in 2018 and 2019, focusing on gender equality, geographical balance among the mechanism’s staff, and expenditure cuts. It was adopted by the Council after 3 rounds of negotiations.
Vietnam’s role in passing the Resolution has been widely praised.
- Party Chief Nguyen Phu Trong Calls For Concerted Efforts To Combat COVID 19
- Vietnam News Today July 30 Ho Chi Minh City to Vaccinate People After 6 p m
- COVID-19: 4,773 cases added to national tally on late July 29
- Newly-appointed Foreign Minister receives congratulations from China
- Vietnam reports 4,773 new Covid-19 cases