Lantern festival lightens Can Tho city
The three day “Tourism festival – Lantern night in Ninh Kieu, Can Tho” will include a flower garland contest, a light show and lantern release on the river, folk games, live traditional music, and booths that sell artisan crafts.
Duong Tan Hien, Vice Chairman of Can Tho city People’s Committee, said, “I consider the festival a success. A large number of people gathered at the opening night of this widely anticipated event, causing traffic congestion in many streets. It’s expected receive more visitors in the following days, which helps to promote domestic tourism.”
Can Tho, considered the heart of Mekong Delta – Vietnam’s rice basket, is well-known for its Cai Rang floating market, Ninh Kieu Wharf, picturesque rural canals, and abundant fruit gardens.
- Find out if you are eligible to get a Covid-19 vaccine today in Vietnam
- Vietnamese director chosen as judge at International Film Festival
- Vietnam calls for Myanmar violence ending to ensure safety for civilians
- Monkeys attack passersby in Quang Tri
- Farmers in Hai Duong turn to e-commerce sites to sell produce