In Photos: Admiring Dak Nong Geopark, which earns UNESCO’s global title
With the new title, Dak Nong Global Geopark becomes the newbie of the global geoparks system.
The Geopark was established in 2015, covering an area of more than 4,700 km2, accounting for over two-fifths the natural area of Dak Nong province, stretching over six out of eight districts and towns of Dak Nong province. Dak Nong Global Geopark is home to 65 geomorphologic heritage sites, including a system of nearly 50 caves that stretch for more than 10 thousand meters, craters, waterfalls, etc.
Nam Nung Nature Reserve in Dak Nong Global Geopark. (Photo: Dai Doan Ket)
In addition, Dak Nong Global Geopark is also known for its rich red soil, as well as the tropical forest ecosystem housing typical values of biodiversity, unique cultural, geological, and natural features, especially the vestiges of prehistoric people, etc. Tourism activities in the area have long developed thanks to its majestic natural scenery and monumental.
- Doctor brings medical advancements to disadvantaged province
- HCMC’s budget collection at VND2.9 trillion per day
- From saving hunger to world’s best rice title
- Informal ASEAN Ministerial Meeting: Vietnam, ASEAN cooperate to drive back pandemic
- Prime Minister orders start of Covid-19 vaccinations this week