President Trump says he will leave White House if Biden wins Electoral College vote
US President Donald Trump participates in a Thanksgiving teleconference with members of the United States Military, at the White House in Washington, DC, on November 26, 2020. (Photo: AFP | Getty Images)
Speaking to reporters on the Thanksgiving holiday, Republican Trump said if Democrat Biden – who is due to be sworn in on January 20 – is formally declared the winner by the Electoral College, he will depart the White House.
But Mr. Trump said it would be hard for him to concede because of massive fraud. It was the first time Mr. Trump has taken questions from reporters since Election Day, and at times he turned combative.
In the United States, a candidate becomes president by securing the most “electoral” votes rather than by winning a majority of the national popular vote.
- Royal sisters movie gets release date after pandemic delay
- India daily weather forecast latest March 4 Snow rain to occur over Jammu Kashmir while scattered rain thunderstorms to cover Arunachal Pradesh
- COVID-19 tracing app Bluezone sees over 30 million downloads
- The secret life of Hanoi’s pet rescuers
- The Gala Concert “Hope” at Hanoi Opera House