Vinaphone, Mobifone set to launch 5G commercial networks in December
VNPT Group, which owns the Vinaphone network, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that they would offer promotions related to their 5G service as part of the launch. Vinaphone has also said it will open up 5G hotspots in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City where users with 5G-capable devices will have the opportunity to experience the new technology.
Only newer mobile device models are 5G-compatible, and those with such devices can use the technology for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and robotics navigation.
Vinaphone’s 5G network allows users to access a Wi-Fi connection with a maximum speed of 2.2Gbps, about 10 times faster than its current 4G network.
One month ago, Mobifone announced that it would be launching its own 5G commercial network in December as well.
- India daily weather forecast latest March 4 Snow rain to occur over Jammu Kashmir while scattered rain thunderstorms to cover Arunachal Pradesh
- COVID-19 tracing app Bluezone sees over 30 million downloads
- The secret life of Hanoi’s pet rescuers
- The Gala Concert “Hope” at Hanoi Opera House
- PM asks for prompt solutions to ineffective, stagnant industry-trade projects