Consul General honoured for contributions to RoK-HCM City ties
Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong, on November 24, presented the city’s insignia to outgoing Republic of Korea (RoK) Consul General Lim Jae Hoon, who came to bid his farewell.
Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong (R)
presents the city’s insignia to outgoing Republic of Korea (RoK)
Consul General Lim Jae Hoon (Photo: VOH)
The award acknowledged the diplomat’s contributions to boosting the relations between Vietnam’s southern economic hub and the RoK.
At the meeting with Lim, Phong praised his efforts in fortifying the multifaceted cooperation between the city and its Korean partners, contributing to the Vietnam – RoK strategic partnership.
The leader said he backs investment projects run by the RoK-based Lotte Group at the local Thu Thiem new urban area and the removal of obstacles facing these projects.
As Vietnam will serve as the coordinator of ASEAN-RoK relations next year, Phong hoped that together with other ASEAN nations, it will help step up future cooperation with the RoK.
- Vietnam wishes to further deepen special traditional friendship with Cuba
- HCMC to focus on AI in aim to become ‘smart city’ by 2030
- HoSE’s raising of standard trading lot to 1,000 could bar small investors
- Scent of grapefruit flowers filled up streets of Hanoi
- Art exhibition inspired from poems by late poet Đặng Đình Hưng