Vietnam, US hold 2020 defense policy dialogue
He said the two countries have worked closely on implementing a project to clean up dioxin at Bien Hoa Airport, supporting people with disabilities from Agent Orange/dioxin, overcoming the aftermath of bombs, and search for the remains of missing soldiers. He said the two sides have worked together efficiently helping Vietnam carry out UN peacekeeping operations and raising the capacity of Vietnam’s Coast Guard.
US Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Indo-Pacific Security Affairs (IPSA) David F. Helvey affirmed that the US values its comprehensive partnership with Vietnam and hopes that the country will continue to thrive and play an important role in the region. He said the US will continue to team up with Vietnam to promote bilateral defense cooperation, including maritime security, UN peacekeeping operations, humanitarian assistance, and disaster relief. It will continue taking heed to overcoming the aftermath of war, as it serves as a foundation for bilateral defence ties. He also expressed his gratitude to Vietnam for helping the US search for missing soldiers, and pledged to further bolster mutual projects.
- New King of TV Rewards Indonesia Market with 12.12 Super Deals
- Vietnam’s President arrives in S.Korea for state visit
- Brigii Launches a High-speed Vacuum H5 in Time for the Best Christmas Gift
- Bad debt skyrockets at banks
- Qilu Pharmaceutical Releases Latest Results of QL1604 plus Chemotherapy as First-Line Treatment for Patients with Advanced Cervical Cancer in the Phase II Study at ESMO Asia Congress 2022