US presidential election: Joe Biden optimistic about election results
While stopping short of declaring victory, Biden said he already launched a website for a transition to a Democratic-controlled White House. His team said it buildbackbetter.com will assure that “the Biden-Harris Administration can hit the ground running on Day One.”
Biden said in Wilmington, Delaware, on Wednesday “We are winning enough states to reach the 270 electoral votes” needed to win the presidency. He stressed that every vote must be counted to determine the winner of the election. His comments were likely in reaction to the Trump campaign’s lawsuits demanding that vote counts in Pennsylvania and Michigan be stopped, claiming lack of “transparency.” The president’s campaign is also requesting a recount in Wisconsin, where Biden was narrowly declared the winner.
Biden currently has a great advantage in the race with President Donald Trump. The Democratic candidate has 264 electoral votes, just short of the 270 electoral votes needed to win.
- COVID-19 returns to Wuhan, where it first emerged in China
- Cyberport, Ericsson, SmarTone and Unissoft Join Hands to Develop New 5G Applications, Form Hong Kong's First 5G Edge Computing Deployment Scenario Used at Cyberport and Unleash the Power of 5G Technology
- Vallen Poised for Business Expansion and Captures New Revenue Stream in the Cloud with Infor
- Establishment of grassroots technology teams proposed to fight against pandemic
- Indian pharmaceutical firms to provide Vietnam with 1 million Covid-19 antiviral doses