Goni typhoon heads to storm-stricken central region
Powerful typhoon Goni has weakened after sweeping through the Philippines and entered the East Sea early Monday, according to the National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting.
Projected path of Goni from November 1 to 52020.
Photo: National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting
As of 4:00 am on November 2 the eye of the storm was located based on all available data at 820km Southeast of Viet Nam’s Hoang Sa archipelago.
It is moving West-Northwestward at speed of 15-20 kph with maximum sustained winds of 75-90kph near the center.
In the next two days, the storm is expected to continue moving Westward at the speed of 15-20 kph.
The National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting warned the central localities from Da Nang to Phu Yen against heavy to at times intense rains since Tuesday.
Goni is the 10th storm to hit Viet Nam so far this year and the 5th storm to sweep through the central region within a month where at least 159 people have died and 71 others are still missing due to historic flooding and deadly landslides last months./.
By: Khanh Phuong /Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Vietnamese woman with ‘brittle bone’ disease offers free classes to disadvantaged youths
- Deputy PM orders maintaining readiness in pandemic fight
- Football: Torres hat-trick as record-breaking Man City beat Newcastle
- Ho Chi Minh City students learn by growing school gardens
- Capital city’s landmark cathedral under renovation