Typhoon weakens to tropical depression, flash floods forecast to occur
The Saigon Times
HCMC - Severe landslides struck Nam Tra My District in the central province of Quang Nam on October 28 leaving seven people dead, along with 46 missing.
Local forces are enhancing their efforts in searching for the missing victims, the local media reported.
Many rescue teams are on the way to approach the site of the landslides, while at 640 a.m today, October 29 Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung leading a taskforce departed from Tam Ky City to the scene to direct search and rescue activities.
Besides, competent forces are mobilizing many excavators to serve the search.
There were at least three sites of landslides on the section of the path from the center of Tra Leng Commune to the scene of the incident, causing much difficulty for soldiers to approach it, according to the Military Command of Quang Nam Province.
Last night, a hill in Tra Leng Commune in Nam Tra My District fell down and buried a village of 19 households there with 49 people. Four out of the victims were able to escape, according to the initial information.
Meanwhile, another landslide hit a hamlet of Tra Van Commune in the district, leaving eight trapped. Local forces quickly found the bodies of seven ill-fated victims, while one remained missing.
- Xinhua Silk Road: Kelp harvest begins in Rongcheng, E China's Shandong
- Yiren Digital Reports First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- Unitholders Requisition EGM at Sabana REIT to VOTE FOR Replacing the Current External Manager with a Newly Setup Internal Manager
- CGTN: China stresses green development, ethnic unity in modernization drive
- Arçelik's developers boosted with advanced capabilities of Open AIGPT Models