First concert in Vietnam to feature pipe organ
A concert featuring classical music performed on pipe organ will be held in the concert hall of Vietnam National Academy of Music on Wednesday.
Pianist Tran Nguyet Linh is the solo artist of A Dialogue with the Pipe Organ concert that features classical works performed by pipe organ (Photo courtesy of the artist)
This is the first time the music instrument has ever been played at a concert in Vietnam.
The classic works to be performed in “A Dialogue with the Pipe Organ” include The Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 by Johann Sebastian Bach, Fantasia in C Major Op.16 by Cesar Franck, Chorale Preludes, Op. 122 by Johannes Brahms and L’Ascension by Olivier Messiaen.
The academy’s Concert Hall is located at No 77 Hao Nam Street, Dong Da District. A Dialogue with the Pipe Organ will start at 10am on Wednesday and entrance is free.
- Vietnam elevates rice brand in demanding markets
- Supermarket coalition expected to help cut use of plastic bags
- Vietnamese, Chinese leaders exchange greetings on diplomatic ties anniversary
- COVID-19: No fresh case recorded, infection tally stays at 1,537
- Vietnam steps up measures to protect guest workers abroad