Mud and tears following floods in central region of Vietnam
Many households have lost everything following floods in the central region of Vietnam.
Ngo Duc Hoi, an official from the Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control of Ha Tinh Province, said that the floodwater in Cam Xuyen District is expected to recede in the next two days.
At present, thousands of houses in Cam Xuyen and Thach Ha districts are still being submerged.
Ha Van Binh, chairman of Cam Xuyen District People’s Committee, said that most of the local communes have been inundated, particularly Cam Vinh, Cam Due, Cam My and Cam Thanh.
Hundreds of boats have been mobilised to support flood-hit victims.
Meanwhile, up to 4300 households in Thach Ha District are in the same situation.
Le Thi Minh from Cam Due Commune said that her family’s two tonnes of paddy have become spoiled due to being put under water.
Nguyen Huy Nhung’s family is completely powerless to save his family’s buffalo from being swept away by the water. His hand is still carrying the rope to tie the buffalo.
A boy happy to be given food
- NEW AMAZFIT T-REX 2 OCEAN BLUE (SPECIAL EDITION) CELEBRATES WORLD OCEAN DAY & SUSTAINABILITY
- Businesses, cooperatives should lead agricultural sector growth: Specialists
- Vietnam remains key market for brands and retailers in Asia-Pacific: Report
- Opening of first ever OCOP-POS showroom in Hanoi
- Telesis Bio to Present at Jefferies Healthcare Conference 2023